Skip to main content

Cancelling an Entire State?

I had to laugh at myself a couple days ago when I went through Cortez, CO. It seemed like a personal defeat. Silly, huh?

I had implicitly cancelled the state of Colorado, and today it is time to make it explicit. Cancelling an entire state is something that sounds kind of sad or extreme. The first thing a person should probably do upon cancelling a state is to think of small exceptions to the general rule.

I have even done that for California, the first state I cancelled. In fact cancellation occurred the first year of being a full-time RVer. But I have debauched myself by sometimes going into California for 5 miles or so.

 

Comments

Ed said…
"The first thing a person should probably do upon cancelling a state is to think of small exceptions to the general rule."

I think this is a good rule for the general rule. I have also cancelled California however just to transit through part of the state is my exception.

Example: It is possible to go from Yuma to Los Algodones without going through California but that is not the quickest way. So a transit through the cancelled state is an acceptable exception.

I thought that part of Colorado west of the Continental Divide was antiWoke. But found that the owner of the Springerville AZ RV Park that I stayed at a couple of times also has a Cortez Park. This year they revised their web site and now have a huge page full of RULES that match what they have in Cortez. The White Mountains in AZ have become very Woke so she was just virtue signaling to be accepted by her peers.