Skip to main content

Living on the Edge!

Central Utah.  I am adjusting to some pleasant surprises from the 20 pound cockapoo/miniature poodle that I adopted in February of this year.  I treat her as my sweet little girl, but in fact she is quite rugged.  Especially her feet.

She is going through a 'mid-life career change' and needs to learn about things she didn't experience in her former life in a Phoenix apartment.  She loves to run to the edge of cliffs and to scare me into a near heart attack.


It is hard for a human to look at things from a dog's point of view.  After all, they are closer to the ground, have four paws on the dirt, and have sharp toenails. 

Let's zoom out on that last picture:


At some point I have to stop being so over-protective of Q.t.Ï€ and trust in animal instincts.

But that is tough when you visit places with sheer vertical drops of several hundred feet!


My goodness, around my little dog I have become as sentimental and soft-headed as a doting grandpa.  But what a service the little beast provides for me: she reminds me of what it was like to be a child who has found a ten foot high pile of dirt, perhaps near some construction.  The child can spend hours playing with it and thinking of nothing else while doing so.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Enjoy all of your posts