Skip to main content

Good Riddance

I was caught being pessimistic again: I was mocking the predicted historic storm as a farce, but in fact we got 3 millimeters of rain. Believe it or not, a person can feel grateful and satisfied with that. It is impressive to see a puddle or two.

Why talk about the weather? "Weather talk" seems trivial because of how it is presented on television: "stayed tuned for the forecast of the upcoming weekend, after this word from our sponsor." Will there be a 30% chance of rain?

This is the purest nonsense. Just think of the hours wasted in front of electronic screens, watching crap like this! But try living in a bleak desert like Arizona. It is amazing that any plant or animal can live in this god-forsaken wasteland. And yet human life goes on in a more or less normal fashion, thanks to technology, petroleum-based transportation, and an economy that can take advantage of it.

I am ready to leave a town that thinks such things are evil. It is a town of yoga instructors, art galleries, vegetarians, fake Leftists, and wealthy Democrats from California. I wonder how many of those evil technological things would have to disappear, how hot or cold would they have to get, how immobile (with no gasoline), or how hungry or thirsty, before their political and cultural opinions changed. 

To complete the picture, imagine an illegal sneaking into their back yard, grabbing their $2300 golden doodle, and eating it. I'd almost like to see it happen. The town doesn't interest me anymore. 

Comments

Steve said…
Before moving in 2019 I considered Patigonia. After my visit in 2020 after moving, I was glad that I did not move to that area. I understand exactly what you are saying. Where to next? Stop by if you are in my area.
Ed said…
My one time stay there was enough for me - been there done that.

"And yet human life goes on in a more or less normal fashion, thanks to technology, petroleum-based transportation, and an economy that can take advantage of it."

When petroleum-based transportation is no longer available the 'town' will also be gone. It only existed before petroleum-based transportation became the norm when there was a railroad, since that is no longer there the town will become one more ghost town in the West.
Yankeeflyer said…
I wonder how many of those evil technological things would have to disappear, how hot or cold would you have to get, how immobile (with no gasoline), or how hungry or thirsty, before your political and cultural opinions changed. You could always move to Mar-a-Lago.
Yankeeflyer said…
I wonder how many of those evil technological things would have to disappear, how hot or cold would you have to get, how immobile (with no gasoline), or how hungry or thirsty, before your political and cultural opinions changed. You could always move to Mar-a-Lago.

Anonymous said…
Boonie, have you been anyplace where you were happy since you started full-timing?

Chris