Skip to main content

A Protest Vote 'At the Movies'

I had a second surprising piece of luck in my first foray into buying DVD disks at a thrift store.  Roman Polanski's "The Pianist" was available in perfect condition.  I remember watching it years ago.  It was excellent.  I especially liked the Chopin music.

 But I didn't use the disk.  It will be given back to the thrift store.

I simply don't have an appetite for any book or movie about the crimes commited against European Jews in World War II.  It's not that those crimes have become any less criminal.  But I have gotten sick and tired of the crimes against Jews 80 years ago -- mostly by German Nazis -- being used as a blank check for covering the slaughter of Gazans being commited today.

So there you have it: my puny little protest vote.  This is the best example I can think of of the old saying 'It is better to light one candle than curse the darkness.'  My own insignificance is astonishing.



Comments

Anonymous said…
Well, I question everything these days & then never believe totally anything I see/read. Once I found out the required read of Anne Franks diary, by every school it seems, was added to by her father, I just don't trust any history about such things. Now I've read the diary might be even a bigger fake than has been reported. The list goes on & on. Numbers totally exaggerated, museums in way too many cities across the world, etc, etc. Just what exactly are they pushing on the world. Oh poor us! Sorry, got to be anonymous with this. Might get Labeled!

AND, just why are they the only country that is allowed to "colonize" any more? No one else is allowed to.
Anonymous, I heard a little bit about Anne Franks diary. I wonder if there is a good link that summarizes it well.

I was probabably a teenager when I first heard about her diary. It sounded like "too good of a story to actually be true."
Anonymous, I heard a little bit about Anne Franks diary. I wonder if there is a good link that summarizes it well.

I was probabably a teenager when I first heard about her diary. It sounded like "too good of a story to actually be true."
Anonymous said…
https://www.amsterdamstay.com/anne-frank-fraud
https://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/document?repid=rep1&type=pdf&doi=55bf95fc07ec67b47d12360c742c52fa92176d1f
Couldn't find the two articles I've read but found these two. The second is a 80page document which I've saved but not read yet, about a book challenging the diary. So much to weed through in the search as very much has been written to keep naysayers in the wrong. Many people in Europe have been jailed for accusing it as faked. You're just not allowed to not believe it. That IS why I question it & everything else. People were starved, died of disease, etc, but the actual number they keep throwing out matches the total of people that perished. During this new war, I've seen photos of them faking a boy injured on the ground with half a dozen people around with cameras on booms overhead, etc. The boy does not look in pain and they are directing him how to lay, then he closes his eyes for the picture. They're good at this faking. Been at it a long time.