What am I overlooking? There has to be a better way to manage my autumn migration. If I moved 50 miles south of here I would probably escape the smoke, according to airnow.gov. But I resist going into Nevada. Besides, where will the smoke-blob be tomorrow? The westerly direction of the wind on most days is all that we can rely on.
I am probably not the only seasonal migrationalist who resists retreating back north for short periods. It is like a military general refusing to retreat!
In practical terms, retreats do increase your transportation costs. But perhaps this can be overestimated.
Instead of my usual pattern of pushing relentlessly southward -- despite local eccentricities in altitude, smoke, and latitude -- perhaps I should do tactical switchbacks to the east or west, while still maintaining a strategic southwardness?

Comments
Post a Comment
For the Brave browser, you might have to turn off Reader Mode to comment.
Feel free to disagree as much as you want with any ideas, but resist the ad hominem approach.