Skip to main content

Dances With Cliffs

 It was quite amusing to see raptors and buzzards gliding near the cliff-line, by my campsite.  They can seem so playful.  I wonder if that is how they see it.  The birds glided remarkably close to me and my little dog.  It seemed more than just chance.  Maybe they were curious.


In the evening a powered paraglider repeated the same trick as the birds, although he didn't have the afternoon wind to produce "ridge lift".  The human flyer was showing off a bit, but I didn't mind.  Their sails are such pretty things to look at.

Ultralight aircraft would be even more appealing if it weren't for their noisy engines.  Do you think any of them have converted to e-ultralights?  You'd think they would be more reliable than an internal combustion engine.  Well, that sounds like today's internet search project.

Comments