Right now I'm mixing old and new posts on this new blog. It probably seems weird. But I really enjoy editing as well as reliving some past experiences.
Why must a blog imitate a daily newspaper? Isn't the whole idea of "news" a bit silly? Our culture is obsessed with the Latest and Greatest, whether it be fashions, slang words, pop-singer-sluts, fads, etc.
But is this a moralistic scold talking or is it an old man who has seen so many people and things come and go during his life that he just doesn't give a damn anymore? I don't want to become one of those grumpy old men who hangs out at the Golden Arches. Try talking to one of them; they don't actually want to talk with you; they just want an audience for their interminable stories about the good old days; today and tomorrow mean nothing. While waiting for a victim they kill their time reading the daily news, ironically enough.
But hopefully I'm not that bad yet. I want to think of time-agnosticism as a positive thing; as a type of independence.
Why must a blog imitate a daily newspaper? Isn't the whole idea of "news" a bit silly? Our culture is obsessed with the Latest and Greatest, whether it be fashions, slang words, pop-singer-sluts, fads, etc.
But is this a moralistic scold talking or is it an old man who has seen so many people and things come and go during his life that he just doesn't give a damn anymore? I don't want to become one of those grumpy old men who hangs out at the Golden Arches. Try talking to one of them; they don't actually want to talk with you; they just want an audience for their interminable stories about the good old days; today and tomorrow mean nothing. While waiting for a victim they kill their time reading the daily news, ironically enough.
But hopefully I'm not that bad yet. I want to think of time-agnosticism as a positive thing; as a type of independence.
Most people don't give a damn about anything or anyone else but themselves, least of all listening with interest to the stories of other people.
ReplyDeletem
Congratulations on being the first commenter on the new blog, Your M-ness.
ReplyDeleteYou're probably right about people not wanting to listen to other people's stories. That's why the storyteller needs to keep it short. I did a pretty good job the first time around, but planning on condensing old posts even more.