There are times when rain on the roof of a camper can be unpleasant. But a light rain is a great thing to wake up to. My app said this town in central Utah got 0.02", but I think my exact location got twice that much.
The next morning the sky was clean-scrubbed. The air felt slightly moist to the skin. People who haven't experienced severe aridity do not understand how nice it is to finally have double-digit relative humidities.
It is no small thing to have enough moisture to form a cloud, in these gawd-forsaken wasteland states of the West.
At this point I should have been happy to declare victory. But I stumbled upon something that I should have noticed before in this area:
There were 20 trees in the area...trees with leaves...sacred oak trees. Please don't call them 'scrub oaks.' Hell, they were 15 feet high and their shade was opaque.
It doesn't matter if I am hit by a semi-truck tomorrow. I have already 'died and gone to heaven.'



Comments
Post a Comment
For the Brave browser, you might have to turn off Reader Mode to comment.
Feel free to disagree as much as you want with any ideas, but resist the ad hominem approach.