Skip to main content

Politics Realigns

Sometimes it is hard to keep up to date.  In a small Arizona town recently I saw a political message in somebody's yard/fence.  It was an Israeli flag, with the message "Support Israel."  I have seen such political billboards before in the rural West, and usually just roll my eyes at them.  Presumably they are put up by a Rapture-crazed, Evangelical Christian who is under the influence of some frothing-at-the-mouth radio preacher.

But this flag surprised me: it also included a Rainbow flag.  In other words, this was a statement made by a mainstream Democrat.  And I still think of Democrats as the party of George McGovern and anti-Vietnam War protestors.  My goodness, am I out-of-date!

Comments

Ed said…
I can only guess that the small Arizona town was in the corridor between California and Phoenix. The is a lot of Democrat contagion that flows east along that corridor. I have never seen such a thing in Cochise County or in the Springerville area although I avoid any of the'larger towns'. Probable find that in Show Low/Lakeside.
Anonymous said…
I'm more surprised that the rainbow sign didn't share space with a "Free Palestine" flag. That combination, and eternal war, seems to be the new(er) Democrat party.
Anonymous,
Yes some Democrats are sympathetic to the Palestinians. Some pundits are guessing that the 2024 Democratic Convention will be as chaotic as the 1968 convention in Chicago. But I wonder why the Democrats would even HAVE a convention, or primaries for that matter. They certainly won't have debates.
Anonymous said…
The "mad about the immigrants" Chicagoans have already threated the DNC convention in August. They have figured out that Democrats have lied to them forever and are done. Don't blame them one bit. They have been used for generations. Seems like the stage has been set, as per usual.
Yankeeflyer said…
Better than seeing false flags from the cotagion republicans.
Yankeeflyer, what does the word 'cotagion' mean? (I tried to look it up.)
Yankeeflyer said…
KaBloonie....It's a synonym of covfefe.