Skip to main content

Celebrating Non-Diversity in the Canine World

If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times: there is nothing better in this old world of ours than a freshly laundered poodle. The new dog got her first shower. Then I combed her out. Here was the entire harvest, deposited in the brush.

This is orders of magnitude smaller than what would come from a regular dog with a double coat.

How can other breeds compete against this? I am surprised that most dog breeds don't go out of business. Perhaps a small number of people need one of those breeds to perform some special task, but who needs those breeds as mainstream pets?

The name-game is still going on. I am tempted to name the new dog, a creme miniature poodle (female), Q.T. Pie, or rather Q.T.𝞹  .

In the mean time I got a kick out of a horse coming close to me on a mountain bike ride:
 



Comments