Skip to main content

A Better Way to Beat the Enemy

It took a little while to see the significance of what I was looking at: my rayon shirt had been hung up to dry, after hand-washing it in a bucket. Rayon doesn't make for strong garments, so it seemed like hand-washing was a good idea.

Then I hung it up to air-dry. I can't remember if the hellish Southwestern wind was blowing, but the hellish sun was certainly out, with full force. In a few minutes the shirt felt cool.



What if I had put it on? It might have been uncomfortably cool!  Imagine that...my timeless enemy, the sun, becomes the instrument of its own destruction. The more violent the sun, the cooler the shirt.

If only I could imagine all problems or "enemies" in that manner. That is, instead of taking on an "enemy" with a direct frontal attack, it would be so much better to sneak around, with a flank attack, or better yet, maneuver the enemy into being his own worst enemy.

Comments