Skip to main content

Cliff Dwellings


After two and a half years of living in the Little Pueblo I finally made it to the local attraction, the Gila Cliff Dwellings. I was surprised by how interesting the scenery was on the way there: good viewpoints and deep canyons. In the background is one of the branches of the mighty Gila River, before Phoenix gets its paws on it. The "porches" faced to the south; very comfortable, all year around.

Just when the photograph was framed the way I wanted it, an interloper wandered into it. At first I thought he was some kind of New Age/Native American shaman. I dunno. I didn't know that Hawaiian shirts and shorts were sacred to the Native Americans.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Fortunately, most of your readers don't recognize the profile and just to ensure the anonymity, I will post anonymously.
Anonymous, you should thank me for photographing that silhouette. It proves that -- contrary to internet rumors -- your Hawaiian shirts do NOT glow in the dark.