Skip to main content

Moderate Humidity is Unbeatable

I saw my first black bear (in the Northwest) a couple days ago. He was only half-grown, and ran across the road 100 yards ahead of my van.

Today Q.t.Ï€ tested out the latest iteration of her bike/dog interface device. A herd of 30 elk cows crossed the road ahead of us. There was only one calf and one skinny buck. I've seen plenty of elk before, but not a herd this big.

_____________________________________

Maybe it sounds easy to other people, but I did something yesterday that was a new experience for me: I walked around in 92 F sunlight, and enjoyed it. There had to be an explanation.

The weather station says that the relative humidity bottomed out at 25 % when the temperature was max. Much of the day had a relative humidity of 30--40%.  

In other words, moderate humidity. That is a rare and precious thing. The sun is noticeable, but not murderous. Skin, fingernails, and hair don't spall off the body. Ordinary sunglasses are good enough -- you don't need to wear welding goggles outdoors. But you don't feel sticky, either.

Now I have experienced bliss. 

Comments