I certainly have been generous this year with derogatory words for the deserts of the Southwest: barren, oppressive sunlight, aridity, stickers, fangs, rubble, etc. In fact 'rubble' is my favorite insult. Did I not give Mother Nature credit for having feelings?
There are consequences to insensitive behavior like this, I learned.
The other day, I heard a 'whooshing' sound from the rear tire on the mountain bike that sounded almost explosive. The big tire, 29" X 3", went flat in a second.
The culprit was easy to find because it was slobbered over with creme-colored Stan's No-Flat fluid.
I have a special tool that is meant to patch tears in a tire larger than 1/4", but the tear was big enough to stick a pinkie finger through. So a $95 tire went into the dumpster.
The good news is that that is the first time for me anything has ripped a slice in a mountain bike tire. I only had to push the bike home for 1 mile.
Comments
Post a Comment
For the Brave browser, you might have to turn off Reader Mode to comment.
Feel free to disagree as much as you want with any ideas, but resist the ad hominem approach.