Skip to main content

Labor Day Snow!

'Be careful what you wish for...' is a wonderful old saying. On the last post I was yearning for the end of summer. And I got what I deserved...good and hard!


To make this even better, I am camped just a few feet from Lewis & Clark's old trail over the continental divide; then down they went to the Salmon River, and out to the Pacific Ocean.

Even though they would consider a modern adventurer to be little better than an earthworm, I am enjoying the idea of going below freezing tonight, on Labor Day. It is the kind of camping experience that ennobles and purifies the soul.



Comments

  1. I drove over Lemhi Pass (7,373') from ID to MT then over Bannock Pass (7,681') from MT to ID on 2 July 2011. Part of that route is the same Lewis & Clark Trail where you were camped. No snow in July that year although I think it could snow there on almost any day of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ed, you have just given me a couple good ideas for later this month -- if autumn is normal.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

For the Brave browser, you might have to turn off Reader Mode to comment.

Feel free to disagree as much as you want with any ideas, but resist the ad hominem approach.