Skip to main content

The World Goes On, Without Almighty Me

It wasn't a rare experience I had the other day, so why write about it? Perhaps it was the element of surprise and the intensity.

Believe it or not I was at the gasoline pump -- hardly the place you expect to have a 'religious experience.' I walked up to the 'office' to pre-pay for the gasoline. A young Mexican-American woman looked down at me, smiled, and I told her what I wanted.

There was something about her youthful smile that almost made me fall over. (And yes, she was pretty.) I thought, "Well, the world will have to go on without me in a couple years. That's not so bad, I guess. As long as it keeps producing young lovelies like her. Let her have my place."

And I got my gasoline and drove off, completely fortified for a new day. 

dreamstime.com

Comments

XXXXX said…

There's a Romeo and Juliet on every corner, every day of the year....always was and always will be.

George
George, I wasn't writing about Romeo and Juliet. I WAS writing about transcending the Me, the Here and Now.
XXXXX said…

KB, that's too philosophical for me.
Dave Davis said…
That was well put, I've seen young smiling polite people that have made me feel the same way.
Bob said…
A special moment.