Skip to main content

"Life Is a Joke That's Just Begun"

Change is happening in the world, and it ain't all bad. For instance you see more bicycles and solar panels near Quartzsite, AZ.

And there is a new bakery in town, with a decent parking lot. Unaccustomed as I am to squandering time and money at such places, I did make an exception today. Here is what I saw: 


That's a sleepy three-month-old miniature Australian shepherd in there. Let's hope the owner was not exploiting her as a chick-magnet. I let the little darlin' chew on my finger with those sharp puppy teeth. My goodness, was her fur soft! He says that the dog didn't need a leash to hold her in the basket. And I believe it.

It is a good sign that you see eBikes popping up more and more, and hopefully coming down in price.

I refuse to feel embarrassed by my increasing tendency to gush over pretty little girls, young women, or puppies. It is a nice trend in old age. To honor the occasion I will pop on my new headphones and listen to Gilbert & Sullivan's "Three Little Maids from School," with the memorable line, "life is a joke that's just begun..."




Correction: considering how sleepy the little darlin' is, the best music should be Saint Saens's "Swan" from his Carnival of the Animals.

Comments

Cute Puppy and Interesting E-Bike. Bakeries are everyone's downfall.
Sorry we're not in La Posa South this Winter.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It's about time.