No winter is complete without me railing against the Abomination of Desolation, that is, the Pacific Time Zone. But it is too easy to slam. Instead, let's take a moment to appreciate the quiet and real heroes who defy Pacific Time.
Algodones, Baja California Norte, is one of those places, as is the Indian casino on the California side. Other places upriver of Yuma use Yuma time instead of the evil Pacific Time.
They are Freedom-Fighters! I salute them. Let us hope their spirit of rebellion spreads to eastern Oregon and Washington, Nevada (including US395 in so-called California), and the Idaho Panhandle.
Algodones, Baja California Norte, is one of those places, as is the Indian casino on the California side. Other places upriver of Yuma use Yuma time instead of the evil Pacific Time.
They are Freedom-Fighters! I salute them. Let us hope their spirit of rebellion spreads to eastern Oregon and Washington, Nevada (including US395 in so-called California), and the Idaho Panhandle.

ReplyDeleteWhat's wrong with Pacific Time Zone? I live in it.
George
Most of Malheur County in eastern OR is on Mountain Time. Why not ALL of Malheur County is a bit of a puzzle.
ReplyDeleteBusiness and trade determine what time standard is used much more than geography. Algodones is a perfect example.
Yes indeed, Ed, extreme southeastern Oregon is also the land of time-zone-heroes. By the way, I am WiFi-ing from Algodones, Mexico right now.
ReplyDeleteAll the time that I was in Algodones getting Desperado painted I was using the body shop's WIFI. I don't remember the service being any worse than Verizon.
ReplyDeleteDo you have an answer for George's question?
ReplyDeleteChris