Skip to main content

Deadly Skies in the Sonoran Desert

The skies have been weird around here lately. Blame most of it on stormy skies, especially in the mornings.




Later in the day the Fly Boys strafe my trailer. They go over at 12 o'clock high, maybe 500 feet above my roof. (It's hard to judge heights like that.) Maybe I should complain that such low flights interfere with my Fox News TV reception. (satiric grin.) You'd think they would have an adequate playground over the Goldwater Bombing Range, which is bigger than some states in the northeast. But no, they need to fly over an American citizen legally camped on public land. Why don't they at least fly over and intimidate illegal immigrants in the desert?

I wonder how many (borrowed) dollar bills per hour squirt out the ass-end of these Air Force Warthogs. Wikipedia says the rotating 30 mm cannon (visible in my photo, taken looking up from my RV) fires 4000 rounds per minute -- what a fine addition this is to the Killing Machine that our country has become.

Comments

Anonymous said…
The first two pics are beautiful but sometimes the real beauty can only be felt by being there. Yes, we have become a real killing machine and it is amazing to me that people get nervous at any talk to cut back. We are full of fear. I remember the fighter jets practicing over Death Valley and was equally struck by the contrast and total intrusion of noise and obscenity into the peace and quiet of the land.
Didn't know they practiced over national parks like Death Valley. You're right about the violent contrast.
Wandering Willy said…
I'm just a few hundred yards down the road from you so I feel your pain....I swear that one of the two pilots just likes to use our trailers for a heading marker.