Skip to main content

Meeting an Old Flame

I'll be the first to admit that pretty flowers don't typically drive me into rhapsodies of poetic excitement. But this small flower does. Perhaps it's the blood-red color. I saw it for the first time this year on yesterday's bicycle ride into the forest.

As a recovering travelholic (an ex-full-time-traveler) I have to remind myself  that it's OK to have seen something before. After all, it's been a whole year since I've seen this little darlin'.

Comments

  1. Its a beautiful red, like Dorothys Ruby Slippers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dixxe,
    The red of this flower keeps the photographer from even being tempted to sex it up with editing software.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

For the Brave browser, you might have to turn off Reader Mode to comment.

Feel free to disagree as much as you want with any ideas, but resist the ad hominem approach.