Skip to main content

Ladybug Bacchanal

Strange things are happening around here lately, with the monsoons in full gear. 


The male brain being what it is, I suggested to the lady hiking with me that it looked like some kind of orgy. She considered the suggestion indelicate. But after looking at a blowup of one of the photos, perhaps I was right.

Comments

  1. Holy Cow..thats a lot of Lady Bugs!! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dixxe. I still wonder why they were more orange than usual--in reality, not just the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the Mission Mountains north of Missoula the Flathead Inidan Tribe closes all trails to McDonald Peak so that the grizzly bears can feast on ladybugs from July to September. Good thing you aren't in grizzly territory! -scamperita

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know that about grizzlies. Thanks.

    But say, how many ladybugs could be replaced by eating one tourist?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

For the Brave browser, you might have to turn off Reader Mode to comment.

Feel free to disagree as much as you want with any ideas, but resist the ad hominem approach.