Skip to main content

"Success" For a Winter Traveler

One of the great under-rated pleasures outdoors is a broken and stormy sky.  I experienced that yesterday as I fled Arizona.  Other things worked OK: gasoline prices weren't so bad, and I had only two encounters with rude and reckless drivers, who love being disrespectful of winter visitors. 

The spring solstice isn't even here yet.  But I have already left AZ.  (Actually I'm still in the northwestern part of the state, 15 miles from the Colorado River.)  One way to gauge your success as a camper and traveler is to see how little time you spend in Arizona. 

During mid-winter we are all climate refugees.  I truly love low temperatures in the 30s F and highs around 65 F.  But once mid-winter is over, you can find adequate temperatures around the edges of AZ, and perhaps escape over-crowding, generators, motorsport yahoos, target practice litter bugs, cholla, and un-earthly rubble.

Comments

  1. Yep. We left AZ 24 days ago for the Mohave Preserve. We're on our way to UT now. We must like it a little bit cooler than you do. If it means avoiding crowds, we'll take 25-30 degrees at night anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous, you are showing other people how to be a smart and effective traveler. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous, you are showing other people how to be a smart and effective traveler. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

For the Brave browser, you might have to turn off Reader Mode to comment.

Feel free to disagree as much as you want with any ideas, but resist the ad hominem approach.