Skip to main content

Beating the System, Regarding Time Changes

 Perhaps my last post was less gracious than it could have been towards the state of Arizona.  Allow me to make amends.

I woke up Sunday morning, still just barely in the state of Arizona, and therefore unbothered by Daily Savings Time.  The rest of the country debauches itself with Daily Savings Time, but Arizona stays with God's Time.

from artpal.com

Soon I crossed over into a Pacific Time Zone state, but instead of subtracting one hour, the o'clock stayed the same since that state uses Daily Savings Time, beginning today.  Then I crossed into another such state.  And then back to the first one.

As I go north for many hundreds of miles, it will stay the same. (until I hit southern Idaho or extreme southeastern Oregon.)  Actually I could choose locations that get me out of a time change the entire summer.  What bliss!

I give Arizona credit for this, and I am grateful.

Comments

Anonymous said…
We lost two hours in one short day of travel this year (time zone plus daylight savings time change combo). If we had appointments, I suppose it would matter. We get up and go to bed based on what the sun is doing, so it really makes no difference to us what time it is. The whole fall back and spring ahead regime is pure garbage.
Anonymous, I agree that it is silly to get jerked around with daylight savings time. Perthaps it appeals to the sort of person who thinks something can come from nothing.
Barb in FL said…
It's just them playing GOD ~ changing time. Just who the hell do they think they are?!
A while back, Fl had them change it (or stop it?) as kids got hit waiting for the bus in the dark. Don't know why or who caved and brought it back to our state, but it needs to stop. Stupid.
Barb in FL, I didn't know that FL had pushed against the Daylight Savings scam. But the internet DID say that several states were pushing against it.