Skip to main content

"Au Naturel" in Western Idaho

One of the greatest pleasures of outdoor living seldom gets mentioned, let alone glorified like it deserves to be.  I refer to a partly cloudy sky.  Not completely cloudy  -- I need to do some solar charging after all.  Besides, the contrast of blue sky and clouds is wonderful.

For two days of the last three I have deliberately walked outdoors without a hat on.   The sky was not at war with me, for a change. It felt so liberating to go au naturel like this!  Gone was the usual fear and dread.  I could feel safe and friendly and expansive towards the kindly immensity of the sky.  I gushed over it. 

Of course then I got greedy and believed the weather forecast of 0.42" of rain.  We got 0.06"-- it serves me right.  Still, that is more than we have gotten for two months.



 

Comments