One of the greatest pleasures of outdoor living seldom gets mentioned, let alone glorified like it deserves to be. I refer to a partly cloudy sky. Not completely cloudy -- I need to do some solar charging after all. Besides, the contrast of blue sky and clouds is wonderful.
For two days of the last three I have deliberately walked outdoors without a hat on. The sky was not at war with me, for a change. It felt so liberating to go au naturel like this! Gone was the usual fear and dread. I could feel safe and friendly and expansive towards the kindly immensity of the sky. I gushed over it.
Of course then I got greedy and believed the weather forecast of 0.42" of rain. We got 0.06"-- it serves me right. Still, that is more than we have gotten for two months.
Comments
Post a Comment
For the Brave browser, you might have to turn off Reader Mode to comment.
Feel free to disagree as much as you want with any ideas, but resist the ad hominem approach.