Skip to main content

"Pops, let's go back to Arizona"

It is fun to look at things from her point of view:


Remember that we came to the Inland Northwest in May to avoid forest fires, dry heat, and drought. She seems to think that we were perhaps too successful. But you must remember that she is a Phoenix girl.

I like to think of water as being the fundamental layer of the food chain in nature. And she certainly is enjoying that food chain. She saw her first wild turkey -- a big one -- the other day, and almost pulled me off the bicycle.

Soon my first umbrella, in years, will arrive. And rubber-soled muck books. I am determined to get a grip on this situation.

__________________________________

The favorite time of the day for me is dawn -- or even, just before dawn -- when birds in the forest engage in beautiful and spirited singing. Wikipedia would probably explain this. But I won't look it up. I prefer to wonder about it.

You don't hear pre-dawn singing in the winter. It is one of the best things about summer.

 

Comments