Skip to main content

Mother Nature's Miracle

And no, I am not talking about pretty tourist scenery.

The miracles of nature that first come to mind are things like "raindrops on roses, and whiskers on kittens." That might be a little sappy for my tastes. I prefer rowdy puppies, or young women in the bloom of youth.

But there are other miracles that take a moment of thought. What if you lived in this valley a few generations ago. A local farmer told me the water table was 300 feet down. Wikipedia says that the gravel detritus (deposited from the nearby mountains) is a mile deep.

Imagine digging a well by hand, three generations ago, and hitting water after a reasonable amount of effort and suffering. What a miracle that would be!

Ahh, but the long-suffering reader knows what my favorite miracle is:


This cloud is a month early. There should be nothing but blue-white glare until the monsoons start in July. Hot, scalding, monotonous, and enervating.

Comments

Ed said…
I am ready for an early monsoon - bring it on!
We've been waking to clear skies but by the afternoon have rows of clouds.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It's about time.