Skip to main content

Don't Let The Riots Go To Waste

You'd think I would have given up on trying to get a lucrative salary as a political consultant, by now. 

But my advice to the president is to avoid getting too involved with the violence in the cities. They are "blue counties," after all. What does he have to gain?

It is reasonable to say that Democratic mayors know their cities better than somebody in Washington DC, and therefore, know what steps should be taken.

If the suppression of the riots is too soft, let the Democratic mayor take the blame. If a cop or national guardsman gets trigger-happy, let the Democratic mayor be blamed.

It seems reasonable to me that the president should make extra resources available to the mayors. One way to do that is to begin a withdrawal of US troops from the Mideast and all the other places in the world where they are cruelly meddling in other people's affairs. Let them add to the security of Americans, in America, for a change. Station them around the cities where they might do some good, if the mayor says so.

But US troops couldn't be brought home fast enough to do any good, you say. Ordinarily, no. But the airline industry is 90% idle these days. Giving them contracts to bring US troops home would be a real lifeline to the airline industry.

Let no crisis go to waste. 



Comments

Ed said…
I agree with your advice to President Trump.

Perhaps he could also spin the riots as a modern broken window fallacy. All that destruction will require rebuilding and be good for the economy and Make America Great Again.

If I were the police and/or the National Guard I would do practically nothing. Let up loot and burn just protect lives.
Ed, I too think the police and National Guard should do just enough to look like they deserve a paycheck, thus allowing the rioters to do most of what they want. Any more effort, and there will be charges of Racism!
XXXXX said…
I wonder if the owners of the businesses being burnt down or looted would agree with you,

George
George, of course they wouldn't agree with me. My statements are not about how things SHOULD be, but about how things are. The Media, many politicians, and most of Establishment could not care less about business owners who are being destroyed.

So there is no point in me expressing sympathy. It is useless. Those businesses should just stay closed. The rioters can ride a bus or take an Uber or Lyft ride into the neighborhoods of their sympathizers in the progressive suburbs, and do their shopping there.
Anonymous said…
What's happening? Such sarcasm! I've lived in many suburbs over the years, some progressive, some not. I've never met a person who has ever been sympathetic to a looter/rioter. Never.

Chris
Guilty as charged (with sarcasm), Chris. I have divorced the Blue Counties from America. I have come to dislike everything I associate with them.

Wait until you see the cartoon I saw the other day. You might understand why I was under its influence.
Chris, please sympathize with this "Western Slope" campground host who braces for tidal inflow of the Blue County on the weekend, and has to tolerate their stereotypes and presumed superiority.