Skip to main content

Feeling Proud of the One True Indispensable Nation

I don't write about politics too often, because the subject makes me and the reader sour or angry -- or depressed.

In fact, only twice have I felt joyous and triumphant. My own country had nothing to do with either of these events. They are British accomplishments.

In 2013 the British House of Commons declined to approve military action (the old-fashioned term is 'war') against Syria. Soon the Obama regime backed off of direct and forcible war against Syria. After all, the American War Machine needs to invoke the mythology of World War II and the hero worship of Churchill in order to pronounce the enemy-du-jour as the next Hitler.

In the last couple years of his regime, Obama then went on to make an international fool out of himself by describing America as the one true indispensable nation.

And now, for the second time in just a few years, we see who the one true indispensable country really is: Britain.

news.sky.com


If you haven't watched a video of Farage's farewell speech to the European bureaucrats, you are in for a real treat. Even after his speech, there was some drama. The Euro-podium-commissar, what's her name, showed arrogant behavior that sums up the European Union.

I want to download the speech before Google and the social media sites remove it from the internet; but I have never downloaded a video before so I don't know how.

Can you imagine a American politician giving a speech like Farage's, with their grade school English, their lies, and clichés?

Comments

Ed said…
I don't view videos and never have tried to download one but I assume it is done like any other download.

What I have found is the text for his speech and have copied and pasted it in my latest web posting.

"Can you imagine a American politician giving a speech like Farage's, with their grade school English, their lies, and clichés? - No Way!
Anonymous said…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBMvZRf9Scs

See if this works.

Chris
Chris, thanks, but you gave me a link. I wanted to download the speech so that I own it on my computer.
Ed said…
I was wrong, downloading a video is not all that simple. However here is a link that offers 6 methods for doing it. https://www.wikihow.com/Download-YouTube-Videos

Good luck!
Thanks, Ed, for the link. I tried it, and everything seemed to work until the end. I didn't quite finish successfully, for some reason.