Skip to main content

Gotterdammerung on the Upper Rio Grande





Comments

  1. You surely got some fantastic shots through all this.
    I can easily appreciate your current spot. Don't know what it is about mountains but they do something wonderful to the innards. I don't think I'll ever get tired of that feeling of driving along and then having the whole thing open up to me when I turn a corner.
    Having just moved here recently, the wildflowers are all different from back east and rather prolific in the rainy NW climate.
    Folks here think I'm a little looney since I dig them out and put them in pots along with other stuff, letting them drape over the edge.
    They point it out and tell me it's a weed. The whole idea of a "weed" is a hoot. If it's indigenous, it's a weed and, therefore, of no value, but if I buy it from the garden center, it's valuable.
    Go figure. We humans aren't always the smartest. When I was young, I thought wisdom was measured by gaining knowledge and facts and now I think it's more about giving up preconceived beliefs and the "ought-to" and "shoulds" of life. One of the things I gave up is expecting too much.
    You mentioned that you care for the plight of individuals; that it was society you don't give a hoot for. How do you separate it out though since those individuals collectively make up the society?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would take a whole shelf of books to answer your last sentence; or at least an essay. I won't forget it. But it's too challenging to tackle right at this minute.

      But, oh dear. Really, George!: "that feeling of driving along and then having the whole thing open up to me when I turn a corner."

      You know what I think of windshield tourism! (grin)

      Delete

Post a Comment

For the Brave browser, you might have to turn off Reader Mode to comment.

Feel free to disagree as much as you want with any ideas, but resist the ad hominem approach.