Skip to main content

Better Than a Stick in the Eye

It was so cold in Silver City NM that we only had one good birding year. Sensible birds go to Arizona in the winter, but not to dry lunar settings like where I am now. The best refuges are along creeks in southeastern Arizona. I miss photographing these rascals. Of course to do it right you need a five pound camera, a one-foot-long telephoto lens, and a tripod. You must also be willing to go where the birds are, rather than the other way around. So I'll never be a real birder. Still, it's fun to get what I can. It's remarkable how much variation there is in the color of red-tailed hawks.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Nice one Boonie! We sold our zoom camera last year and I am waiting for the mirrorless cameras to drop in price. How frustrating it is for me not to be able to photograph birds. Good thing we have binocs!