When it actually rains in a western state, you'd think the locals would declare a holiday and close schools for a day. I usually rhapsodize over the rain. But a long day of rain is quite different than a brief shower or rain at night. I got two days in a row of all-day rain. It has been about 3 years since that happened.
There are ways to deal with this situation. First, don't spend too many hours in bed or sitting in a chair. The chair should have lumbar support. Stand up and walk around in your RV every time you can think of an excuse.
Adjust and adapt your clothing. I have really benefited from the rubber "mud boots" I bought a couple years ago. Dry feet can really encourage you.
Last year I bought the first "rain suit" ( = jacket + pants) in years. What really makes it work is its ability to slide over shoes. Taking shoes off is too inconvenient. It is surprising how small details help in the design of a garment: if the sleeves of a rain jacket are an inch longer than normal, you really appreciate it. The hood needs to have the right shape to hold onto the head without restriction. I like to wear a baseball cap to protect my eyeglasses from the rain. I am very impressed by the Columbia rainsuit bought in Sportsmans Warehouse: the Hikebound II Jacket and the Rebel Roamer II pants.
Thus equipped, you can take advantage of rain let-ups by taking a short walk with the doggie. Just getting outdoors for 15 minutes helps your mood so much.
Comments
Post a Comment
For the Brave browser, you might have to turn off Reader Mode to comment.
Feel free to disagree as much as you want with any ideas, but resist the ad hominem approach.