It was getting on to mid-day, but it was still calm like early morning. The air was a bit chilly. I was underdressed. A strange idea popped into my head: maybe I should move to the south side of the trailer and find a nice warm rock to sit on. I did so. And just basked in the sun, comfortably, with no desire for anything more than for it to stay just the way it was.
This strangeness excited me into a sort of reckless euphoria. Maybe I should take the little dog for a 30 minute loop. In the middle of the day! We did so, and had a great time.
In a long career as a camper and outdoorsman, I had never basked in the sun before. I had never gone for a walk in the 'heat of the day.'
Comments
Post a Comment
For the Brave browser, you might have to turn off Reader Mode to comment.
Feel free to disagree as much as you want with any ideas, but resist the ad hominem approach.