Central Utah. Most scenery tourists go ga-ga over redrock cliffs, canyons, and arches. After all these years, I still enjoy seeing such things and look forward to my October migration through Utah.
But once a 10,000 foot, sheer vertical, fire engine red cliff becomes a standard postcard, it loses its aura of mystique. The human mind yearns for a sense of wonder, and that can only come from being surprised.
Such as vertical arroyo walls in mud:
Yes, I laugh at myself for preferring this kind of scenery. But I can't help it. We will return to this "slot" canyon soon, unsnap the doggie, and enjoy a genuine exploration. Free of the tourist industry.


Comments
Post a Comment
For the Brave browser, you might have to turn off Reader Mode to comment.
Feel free to disagree as much as you want with any ideas, but resist the ad hominem approach.