Skip to main content

Basking in a Season of Glory

 An avalanche of seasonal pleasure poured down on my head today.  Yesterday it rained a little, which is no small miracle.  It was chilly enough that night to switch over to the winter sleeping bag, for the first time since June.  Then, in the morning, my little dog climbed up into bed and snuggled with me, for warmth presumably, for the first time in months.

A bit of dampness to the soil is great for mountain biking.  My little dog and I had a rematch with the ridge we are camping on.  Last time, I pedaled up 60% of it and pushed 40%.  Today I pedaled 100%, with no standing up.  I needed a windbreaker the whole way.

Here is a panning video of a gently descending, neighboring ridge, even grander and more noble than the one we biked up.  Long-suffering readers know that I was fluttering my eyelashes over this ridge:



Coming back to camp I had occasion to bask in southern Idaho sunlight outside my trailer door -- normally I dread facing the door south.  But at this time of year, the sun becomes something to celebrate:


No matter how many times I say it, there is nothing in this old world of ours that beats dry chilly air, a gentle breeze, and warm sunlight bathing your skin -- all at the same time.



Comments

  1. Beautiful scenery !

    ReplyDelete
  2. The vista was GREAT, but those aspens, absolutely gorgeous against that beautiful blue sky. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment, Barb. I enjoy the yellow flutter of aspen leaves, especially when I see just a few of them contrasting with the dark green trees. But then I get used to the yellow, pretty quickly. And move on to other issues.

      Delete

Post a Comment

For the Brave browser, you might have to turn off Reader Mode to comment.

Feel free to disagree as much as you want with any ideas, but resist the ad hominem approach.