Skip to main content

"Wild, Wild Horses...Couldn't Drag Me Away"

Isn't that how the old song goes?  Travelers in the deserts of the Southwest frequently see wild burros.  And they love them!

But in the northern states I have never seen wild horses, despite being on their areas.  Until now.  When I got out of bed yesterday, there they were.


They didn't act too wild, actually.  They were only 50 meters from my camper, and calmly watched me and my little dog going on our morning walk.  The horses seemed to want to mooch something from me, but I resisted.  After all, they are supposed to be wildlife.

When I spoke quietly, they slowly walked away. 



Comments

  1. Instead of talking to them you shoulda neighed or whinned. Maybe they'd of stayed. ;o) What a beautiful wake up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They seemed so unwild until I spoke. I thought it would calm them.

      Delete

Post a Comment

For the Brave browser, you might have to turn off Reader Mode to comment.

Feel free to disagree as much as you want with any ideas, but resist the ad hominem approach.