Skip to main content

The Triumph of Hope Over Experience

As we did the doggie walk to our scenic ridge this evening, I caught a glimpse of white, cauliflower-like clouds.  It wasn't until we got over the foreground that I could see the forest fire clouds and smoke that are producing the moisture, which then condenses into a white cloud on top.

The fire must be 50 miles away (?) in the big wilderness area in central Idaho.  Ah dear, so it fooled me at first.  Smoke and fires have not been an issue this summer, so we are due.  After all, it hasn't rained for six weeks.  Normally the inland Northwest is as dry in late summer as the Southwest is in early summer. 

Shall I start preparing to leave the Northwest?  What is the point of being here, just to look at smoke and haze?  But I should wait until the Southwest shows some serious monsoons.



Comments