Skip to main content

A Chance to Improve on Last Year's Camping

 For the first time this summer, I am camping in a spot I camped last summer.  In general it is fun to find new places, of course.  But in the heat of summer, novelty doesn't matter so much; getting to higher elevation does.  

So I am camped at the same site as last year and am confronted with the same problem: camping at higher elevation (in order to cool off) means starting bike rides downhill and then returning back up the hill.  Not fun!

There is no profound or clever solution to this except shortening the ride, or at least shortening your expectations when you start the ride.  This technique at least overcomes your reluctance to go.

There is less snow on Oregon's Blue Mountains than I seem to remember from last year.  But the flowers are better.  If this were Colorado I would be surrounded by ten other campers here.  But I have it all to myself.




My camper is hiding in the shade, in the background.



Comments

I found the Blue Mountains to be a wonderful playground when I lived in Richland Wa. for five years and could get to them easily. I miss the area at times. The west is full of great playgrounds.
Barney, sounds like this post brought back some good memories. I am pleased.