Skip to main content

Going to Canada...For My Revenge!

For years, a certain type of snowbird has irritated me in the winter.  Usually they are from Puget Sound, but Canadians are just as bad.

They come to the desert Southwest in the winter, and then complain if there is more than one damn millimetre of rain per month.  They will say, "Oh, I hope tomorrow is a NICE, WARM, SUNNY day."

Sunny day, my ass.  They are going home in March or so.  They don't care if we have a flowerless spring.  They don't care if fire restrictions start in early May.  All they care about is their sacred sunlight.  The selfish bastards. (grin)

In early June 2023, Canada is having beaucoup forest fires.  Smoke, haze, emergency closures.  Hell, the place is burning down.

It has been a lot of years since I took my RV to Canada.  Maybe it is time to go there again.  No matter what topic comes up I could insinuate "a nice, warm, sunny day" into the conversation.  How sweet!

After that I will pretend to condole with them, in my best pious and superior tone of voice:  "I guess it is just Global Warming.  The least Trudeau could do is lock-down the Canadian/American border next winter so snowbirds can't drag their house-sized RVs to Arizona.  What a sinful amount of carbon that is!"

Comments