This is the time of year for "leaf peepers," that is, tourists who drive around and gawk at yellow aspen leaves, while rhapsodizing about fall colors, plural.
I envy people back East at this time of year: old barns, real trees with leaves, a true variety of colors, apple cider, and crisper mornings.
But guess what?! My friend and I went prospecting for a new campsite today, and we found something unexpected. I made him stop in the shade, at a stream crossing. There were maple leaves on one side of the road, and oak leaves on the other.
And we found two streams that had a little water flowing.
Three miracles of nature on one day is all the excitement that I can take!
I envy people back East at this time of year: old barns, real trees with leaves, a true variety of colors, apple cider, and crisper mornings.
But guess what?! My friend and I went prospecting for a new campsite today, and we found something unexpected. I made him stop in the shade, at a stream crossing. There were maple leaves on one side of the road, and oak leaves on the other.
And we found two streams that had a little water flowing.
Three miracles of nature on one day is all the excitement that I can take!
Comments
Post a Comment
For the Brave browser, you might have to turn off Reader Mode to comment.
Feel free to disagree as much as you want with any ideas, but resist the ad hominem approach.