Skip to main content

Solar Tailwinds

A summer in one place gets a guy out of shape when it comes to driving. Still, I like driving better now than when I was young. Perhaps it was the impatience back then?

Nothing is better than driving early in the day, with the sun at your back. (Especially true for un-air-conditioned vehicles like mine.) Why, this is more important than having a tailwind for a cyclist or sailor. 

From istec.ag
My goodness, I drove over 100 miles today! When I got into Price, UT, I was hot and cranky. I even yelled at my dog.

But then I went uphill onto the land that I love. It only took 15 minutes of exploration on some BLM land before I was feeling happy. There was real drama to it, considering how vile I felt down in the hot parking lot.

It is easy to stand somewhat outside yourself and watch the magic take over in just a few minutes, despite it happening many times in the past. 

Now I am cooler, and have an almost 180 degree view of Book Cliffs. My (current) dog's life started with me because my first dog disappeared at the foot of Book Cliffs, near Grand Junction, CO.

Comments

XXXXX said…

Don't think it matters if one is a traveler or not in order to appreciate a dog. I think it has more to do with how primary the relationship is and how much the human is able to recognize and appreciate a dog's best qualities....living in the moment, don't sweat the details, be happy, appreciate the simple things, etc., and the fact that wealth, social status, good looks, etc. mean nothing to them. They are a welcome relief from the world of people. I have 3. George
You got me thinking about something I saw recently. Maybe I will post about it.