Skip to main content

Praise for a Talking-Head Who is Good at Talking

 Recall that I am a recovering armchair general, attempting to become an armchair media critic. 

It has always been surprising how much talking there is on You Tube, and yet there are hardly any maps.  I have seen talking-heads give confusing and lengthy speeches about war-front geography -- please, shut up and show me a meaningful map! The maps that are shown do not even have labels on them.  If graphs are shown, their labels and legends are illegible.

Perhaps the medium is the message.  Graphs and maps do not show well on the restricted real estate of a smartphone, but talking does. 

Earlier I wrote about how bad many talking-heads are, at talking.  But there are people who are good at talking.  Other people would be wise to imitate them. 

So this is a shout-out to one of those good talkers: 'Mr. Global,' on You Tube.  Seriously I love the way that guy talks! 

Comments