It is a rare pleasure, listening to the hooting of an owl at night, while camped in a ponderosa forest in Idaho. You'd think it would happen more often. A quicker thinker would have grabbed his smartphone and recorded the sound.
Apparently owls are not that numerous. You'd think they would be, with their size and capabilities. In my next life I am going to learn some biology.
Speaking of biology, I was impressed by the 'marauding' done by a hungry butterfly today, alongside a mountain bike ride. You usually think of butterflies with cyootsie-wootsie and pretty-poo behavior, but this mariposa was like a terrier with wings.
The next morning, these flowers were closed up like a street vendor at night. Why so? If I was a flower I would close shop during the heat of the day to preserve water. Once again, learning some biology is desperately needed.
Comments
Post a Comment
For the Brave browser, you might have to turn off Reader Mode to comment.
Feel free to disagree as much as you want with any ideas, but resist the ad hominem approach.