Sometimes it isn't helpful to be too good at being a 'late adopter' of new technology. Until recently I resisted tablets because they were overpriced and too redundant with a laptop. I just did not appreciate how much easier it is to relax with a tablet, while consuming media. I even relax better while reading books with the tablet, compared to using a handheld eBook device like Kobo or Kindle.
There is something about the keyboard of a laptop that makes me think I am working in an office. I have tried covering the keyboard with paper or something, in order to escape that overly serious mindset. But it didn't work.
Adding a separate keyboard to a tablet will virtually make it a laptop-replacement. But I resisted this. Let the tablet stay in relaxation mode! Let it maintain a separate personality.
It might be milking the act a little to say that the tablet has been 'transformative,' but it has.
In case you are wondering I bought a Samsung A9+ tablet for about $180, which came out the last year or so. I put it in a protective case that has a stand on the back, so the tablet doesn't need to be held in the hand, like a phone.
![]() |
| from pixabay.com |

Comments
Post a Comment
For the Brave browser, you might have to turn off Reader Mode to comment.
Feel free to disagree as much as you want with any ideas, but resist the ad hominem approach.