Skip to main content

Joining the Elites at Davos

The mighty world-improvers are set to convene again in Davos, Switzerland.  I wasn't invited.

But that won't stop me from showing the world how we can achieve Utopia. 


 Think of a peasant grandmother, a babushka, walking down to the Volga River in the 1800s.  She carries a basket of clothes for washing.  At the river she chops a hole in the ice, and goes to work with her bare hands in the cold water.  And she is using no electricity, no Russian gas, no coal or petroleum.  How virtuous! The saints of Davos smileth upon her.

A couple days ago my washboard arrived.  I haven't had one since my trip to mainland Mexico.  I remember the corrugated, galvanized steel washboard working quite well.  My new washboard appears promising, that is, effective.  It is just the right size for a 5 gallon bucket.  It is lightweight and won't rust.  But it is plastic, therefore, made from petrochemicals!


It worked better than I hoped.  Look at this, just from a couple small articles of clothing:



Comments

In the last few years I have been handwashing a lot of my lighter things like t shirts and underwear and socks and shorts. It certainly lessened the quantity of clothes I carry now. My continued effort at simple living is paying off nicely.
Barney, The Old Fat Babushka? Yes, the smaller articles of clothing get dirty everyday and are worn next to the skin, so even if hand-washing was limited to them, it would accomplish something.
Ed said…
Speaking of elites in Davos why these two Senators?

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) and Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (I-AZ), both up for reelection in 2024, are reportedly heading to Davos, Switzerland, to be part of the United States delegation for the World Economic Forum (WEF).

Are they being summoned to be told how the cow ate the cabbage?

Ed, the two senators you mentioned sound like "Swing" votes in the US Senate, so that is why they need to be sweet-talked to, in Davos.