Skip to main content

The College Loan Bubble Explained, Photographically

During presidential election years it is typical for the two main political parties to rent an empty store in a strip mall and use it for their local campaign headquarters. I happened to be going by the Democrat headquarters this morning, in the college town of Gunnison CO, when I saw this. 


This isn't aiming any specific accusation at the Democrats. I doubt that they were doing anything illegal, and if I knew where the Republican headquarters was, I might have seen a similar sign. 

The "college loan bubble" has been been getting a lot of attention lately, at least on the internet. Is it a "complex" issue? Or does this photograph undercut the need for, not only a thousand words, but also a thousand pages of a book about government funding and the ability to corrupt everything it touches?

Comments

Unknown said…
Almost makes me want to go work there just to get some of my ill used tax dollars back.

But I couldn't deal with the bs.
Tesaje said…
And this has what to do with the govt.? You do know that the political campaigns can't use govt funds and the govt doesn't control what colleges do? Now if this is a comment on such work being applied to college credits, that's something worth considering. Can't tell what college they might be talking about - if it is a real college at all.
Tesaje, after reading your comment I thought I needed to rewrite the context of the photo.
Anita said…
When I was a college student, the tuition and fees were not so exorbitant that they were out of reach for my parents, middle-income people. Now the cost are more per year that most people spend on their HOUSE. It's hard to see how any family can afford it. Thankfully, there are scholarships, and loans that are available. You probably know loans can leave a student so deeply in debt that it might never be possible to pay them back. How can the young people of this country manage to educate themselves, find good jobs, and pay back their loans. It's a burdent that my generation didn't have and this one doesn't deserve the impossible roadblocks to a full education.