Skip to main content

Creepie Crawlie



This creepie-crawlie was on the pavement one cold morning recently. If you count those two spindly forelegs, there are eight total. But scorpions have high tails and a pair of front pincers. Perhaps this is an immature scorpion in one of its numerous manifestations (molts). (The photos on the internet never show immature critters.)

I gave icy glares to passing motorists. Somehow the creepie-crawlie made it through the car tires without being squished. Forgive me for not carrying it to the other side of the road.

Comments

  1. Hi--

    That crawlie is a Jerusalem cricket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jude. I've never heard of such a critter. Wikipedia and its references confirmed your ID. Too bad the article didn't explain what those two spindly fore-appendages are. I was counting them as legs, thus making me think of something with eight legs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

For the Brave browser, you might have to turn off Reader Mode to comment.

Feel free to disagree as much as you want with any ideas, but resist the ad hominem approach.