Skip to main content

Alpine Chiaroscuro

Hope and Frustration in the high country.

Comments

Michael said…
Is that Caravaggio up there giving us the finger?
Aw now, Michael, you're just rattling my chain for using the word, chiaroscuro. I ran into this word while rereading William James. Besides expressing a useful idea, I thought it was just plain pretty, but I have a weakness for Spanish/Italian/Latin.
XXXXX said…
There is something very alluring about the combination and interaction of mist and mountain though I suppose in this pic it is cloud and mountain but both a form of water vapor.
Watching the dance of the mist flowing, touching, swirling is like a thinly-clad beautifully formed female dancer, a very lovely sight. The feel of the moisture against the skin is inviting, enriching, and wholly lovely as well.
One of the reasons I moved to the coast and am surrounded on one side by cliffs and the other by ocean is this exact reason. In early morning the beaches are my own and the marine layer is at its best. There is no better experience on earth than to walk among the mist, listening to the roar of the ocean, and watching the mist amongst the mountains, swirling and dancing while the world sleeps.
Michael said…
Caravaggio was supposedly a violent SOB, wanted for murder. So the use of the word and that silhouette set me/you up for the perfect one liner. : )