Skip to main content

Silent Spring


There are definitely times of the year when it is good to live in the highlands of southern New Mexico, weather-wise that is. But you always lose on something. Mother Nature is rather bleak in spring here. The plants and flowers go crazy in September after the monsoon season, rather than in spring. Basically spring is good for longer daylight, warmer temperatures, and high winds.

The texture of fields gets pretty beaten down by late winter and spring. It does not green up. That's why I took this photo: here was a spot that was holding its beauty all the way through a cold winter. 

What's so beautiful about it, you might be asking? Well it is beautiful, in context. Of course, photographs don't give the seasonal or temporal context of anything, and that's probably why I will always be in the Edward Abbey school of camera haters.

Comments

Desert Scruff said…
Boonie, I just read that wildfire is destroying homes in your town. I hope you and your dogs are safe.
Take care,
The Desert Scruff
Desert Scruff, thanks for the heads up. I looked it up on google and saw the photos. I knew something was happening yesterday, but we aren't on that side of town.

Didn't I say something in the post about high winds!