Skip to main content

Green Goes Splat

Let's make a guess how Media consumers are reacting to the SplatterGate video or to lesser known videos of that genre, put out by Green organizations.
  1. NPR and the BBC watchers don't know what I'm talking about.
  2. Mainstream Media watchers have heard of Splattergate, but it was dismissed as unimportant.
  3. Internet addicts are screaming bloody murder about it: the biggest news since ClimateGate.
I had a strong reaction to the video but for a different reason: I like classic books as a context for many topics, and by chance I was rereading a mid-20th-century classic, "the god that failed," ed. Richard Crossman. That book contained the testimonials of some well known ex-Communists about their psychology during their Communist years. Thus my sensitivity to Authoritarianism was at a peak when I watched the video.

The Green belief system only partially overlaps with other Authoritarian belief systems of the 20th century. The latter were studiously unsentimental. In contrast the Greens are mawkishly sentimental about all of nature except the animal species known as homo sapiens.

What the video did for me was expose the Authoritarianism that usually lies just under the sentimental surface of the Green belief system. (It must have been a relief for them to expose it.) I've run into individual Greens who showed this tendency. I am not a hater; but those individuals were the few that I've met in my life who were really worthy of hate. I wonder if other anti-Greens became so, for the same reason.

At any rate I don't believe the Green organization about being surprised that people were so offended by their video. They were media-savvy people who probably succumbed to the old adage that, in show business, there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Comments