Skip to main content

Tour of SilVURKistan

As yet, I haven't been able to convince any of the local cyclists of the charms of Sil-VURK-istan, which is what I call the high desert and grasslands to the south of the Little Pueblo. It really does remind me of photos that I've seen of the Stans of central Asia. I find it refreshing to look across a landscape and see no houses or buildings. Just land and plants, dominated by texture.


This isn't an area that explodes with flowers in the spring, following a wet winter. Our plants are cautious; they wait until the end of the monsoon season in September. So I appreciated the flowers that did show themselves on today's ride.

These days cellphone towers must be disguised as trees to escape the strictures of the local planning busybodies. Well then, perhaps RV parks should require the nearly-universal TV dish to be disguised. What's this? Somebody's already thought of that.


As usual, most flowers grow right alongside the road. Blogger seems to be having problems uploading photos right now, so use Picasa Web albums instead. Here's the link.

Comments